Hello BEAUTIES! Happy Tuesday! I hope you all have been doing great! I’ve been a little absent on the blog but I plan to change that soon! I plan to get into more informational posts to share what I’ve learned thus far about sewing! I enjoy posting inspirational pictures and sharing the design changes I’ve made to patterns but I love sharing knowledge as well! I haven’t been sewing long at all when it comes to the sewing community, many have been sewing for 10 plus years and still consider themselves beginners. Very admirable! I have however come a long way from the start! If I have any readers who are interested in sewing but for whatever reason have not began, Let me know what types of posts you would like to see from me to get you comfortable with sewing! 🙂
💖 SHOP MY PATTERNS: ROSYPENAPATTERNS.COM 💖
On to TODAY’S post! 🙂 This color is amazing right?? I had a Pinterest look in mind and I can tell you this did not come out how I was expecting! The fabric really stole my heart though, I think I have a new FAVORITE color! I used one commercial sewing pattern for this with modifications of course! The fabric was picked up at a thrift store for less than a dollar! The clutch featured in the photos is a DIY you can find, here.
- I used Simplicity 1371 a Cynthia Rowley design, she’s amazing! For the bodice I used View B and connected the lower side front and side front pattern pieces, I re-drew them onto pattern paper to make ONE side front piece. I did the exact same thing for the front and lower front. To end up with one main pattern piece for the side fronts and one main pattern piece for the fronts. (This made the 3 seams on the bodice, love that detail)
- For the pants portion I omitted the pockets and filled in the gap of the pattern with pattern paper. I did not use the waistband pieces of the pattern.
- I sewed up the pants and bodice normally (leaving an opening for a zipper at the side) then joined them together and inserted an invisible zipper.
- For the neck strap I cut a 1″ wide strap long enough to wrap around my neck plus a few extra inches then connected it to the bodice with a self drafted facing.
- After that I just needed to sew the hem of the pants, I choose to do a cuff, folding 2 and 5/8″ to the wrong side of the fabric sewing, then turning to the right side of the fabric folding onto itself and tacking down at the sides.
I hope you all enjoyed this look it wasn’t EXACTLY what I was going for but I really enjoyed the final result! See you all next time! 🙂 Stay connected! Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter!